Hoverboards have taken the tech world by a storm. They are one of the most wanted gadgets of all times. Buying the best hoverboard for your needs is not an easy task, especially when you have to make trade-offs between prices, features and safety. Commercially available hoverboards are actually self-balancing scooters which can cost anything from as little as $300 and go up to more than $700. Although companies are working on making real hoverboards like we often spot in superhero movies. But initial offering for these hoverboards cost a bomb and eventually as the tech will improve, the hoverboard prices will be brought down.
List of Hoverboards with Price & Specification –
These self-balancing scooters are easy to master, fun to ride, practical and cool. Usually, they come with a warranty period, and no assembly is required as in its ready to use right out of the box. All you have dreamed of as a kid has finally come true. Get on and get going.
Now, if you are looking to buy this awesome invention in personal mobility, then read on to find out hoverboard price and more. But before you delve into “how much is a hoverboard “you should prioritize your requirements and get a proper understanding of features and functionalities offered by different hoverboards.
Along with the price of a hoverboard keep in mind the following details- energy efficiency, weight capacity, maximum speed, battery life, usability, durability, portability and most importantly, safety guidelines. All hoverboards are not the same different brands use different quality of materials and offer diverse characteristics; hence, you should read in-depth reviews to make the right choice. There is a huge variety to choose from. While it does provide you with an ample number of choices, so does it increase confusion and makes it difficult for patrons to make a pick. Our team accessed the products creating a buzz in the market and customer feedback. Thus we were able to shortlist the best models the market has to offer. Here are a few hoverboard models with top of the line features to help you choose a self-balancing board which fits your requirements and budget. Epic fun awaits you.
|Name||Max Speed (mph)||Max Distance (miles)||Price|
|Razor Hovertrax 2.0||8.5||15|
|Jetson Electric Gyro||8||9.3|
|Swagtron T6 Terrain Hoverboard||12||12|
|CHO Self Balancing Scooter||6.5||7|
Our Editor’s Pick –
There are a lot of hoverboards in the market, probably more than 50. Every other company is now trying to get in this game of manufacturing and selling hoverboards as they are high in demand and can be sold at a high price. So we do suggest you check our recommended hoverboard list below to know the TOP ones in the market.
Swagtron is one of the companies that always give importance to security, which is why it is one of the first brands to have legitimate UL 2272 certification which ensures that the hoverboards they manufacture are completely safe. This all-terrain self-balancing board is the answer to all your hoverboard woes. It provides you with an assortment of features and functionalities such as comfortable turns, rotation, acceleration and smooth breaking.
What makes this board different from others is that it’s an all-terrain board due to its massive inflatable 10-inch rugged tires which makes it perfect for rough topography and inclines up to 30 degrees.
- It offers you an impressive weight capacity of up to 190 kg, and yet the upper-speed limit is 12 mph which makes Swagtron T6 Terrain hoverboard one of the fastest boards on the market!
- For all the music lovers out there Swagtron T6 enables you to play your favourite songs using Bluetooth speaker which adds to its popularity.
- It consists of LED lights emitting light up to 6.5 feet in both directions for added safety and unhindered visibility.
- It has been fitted with control functions that make it much easy and simple to use. In addition to this, it can be controlled via a mobile app too.
Shortcomings- The only slight glitch is that it’s not fully waterproof. Overall it is a durable, multi-featured with cutting edge technology and a reasonable price. You don’t have to think twice when you are getting an efficient all-terrain board with great speed and weight capacity for this price! You can also read the in-depth review of SWAGTRON T6 Terrain Hoverboard.
If safety is your foremost concern, then this is the perfect hoverboard for you. Halo Rover is ranked as the best hoverboard online in 2019. This human transporter not only provides an extensive line up of features but also delivers high quality and thus safety. This advanced hoverboard has multi-technology, which limits the safety risks and vulnerabilities. The mobile and the Bluetooth app along with the heavy-duty design of the board were made keeping efficiency, ease and customer safety in mind.
- Use of durable and superior quality material is also what draws the customers towards it. Along with UL 2272 certification, Halo Rover also has IPX4 water-resistant certification, which makes it ideal to be ridden even in rain, puddles, snow and sand with equal effortlessness.
- Halo Rover app lets you keep track of GPS location, battery life, speed and adjust speed and steering.
- As for the question of other terrains you can ride it seamlessly as it comprises of 8.5-inch non-destructible non-flat tires facilitating outstandingly smooth ride including inclines up to 20 degrees.
- It contains rechargeable batteries that let you attain a maximum speed of 9 mph. With a single battery charge, you can ride for approximately 2 hours non-stop.
- LED lights are provided in the front for unimpeded visibility, on the flipside to signal other riders and on top to indicate battery life.
Shortcomings- Some of the drawbacks can be its Bluetooth doesn’t connect with all types of smartphones. Also, its off-road performance is not at par with its on-road performance. It can be a bit heavy to carry weighing around 15 kg. Overall riding Halo Rover ensures great fun along with safety, which is a rare combination to find. Plus it has highly positive reviews and market response. Being ranked the best hoverboard online, it certainly qualifies to be in your possession. Don’t forget to check out the full review by our experts – Halo Rover Hoverboard
Stepping onto the all-new Swagtron T580 hoverboard feels like stepping into the future of riding. In the hoverboard industry, Swagtron is producing so many extraordinary hoverboard designs and models. This brand is making its market presence felt with the growing demand and popularity of its products. In this case, they have taken a self-balancing scooter and added an extra bit of swag to it. The elegant and stylish design with killer tech under its hood is what sets this hoverboard apart from others. You can check other hoverboards by swagtron in our ultimate guide to buy a swagtron hoverboard.
- Glide seamlessly and in style on Swagtron T580 which offers smooth ride features to climb an incline of up to 30 degrees quickly with ease.
- It is fitted with non-slip footpads, non-combustible outer casing and their patented Sentry Shield Technology which can carry weight up to 100 kg easily.
- It ensures long battery life with a smart battery management system. A single charge of the battery can take you up to 8 miles that powers you to drive at a maximum speed of 7.5 mph.
- It is added with Bluetooth speakers. The deliverables also include a mobile application to control various features and to keep a check on battery life, change modes and access maps.
- Swagtron has put together 6.5-inch hard rubber tires with aluminium rims to increase the strength, durability and stability.
Shortcomings- Although it is a bit heavy on the pocket. But if it fits your budget, then this is the perfect gadget for you to make people swoon over its chic design and excellent performance. Also, it has a slightly low motor power compared to others. And it is available in limited colours, namely blue, red and black. Overall it might seem a little pricey, but it compensates the high cost by providing commendable experience, classy design and coolness factor. Once you ride it, you will never want to get off! Check out the full review of Swagtron T580 Hoverboard
Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard is a self-balancing smart scooter which stays in perfect sync with your every move. Smart scooter is the next step in the evolution of transportation. Spin 360 degrees in place with the slightest shift of your foot all thanks to gyro-sensor technology for a super slick ride. You simply stand on it, and it will magically balance you. It can function even in a very narrow space reaching almost every place where people can walk. It is perfect for the urban commute with its slim design and powerful new technology.
- Weighing around 12kg it offers safe commute, protection against fire, short-circuiting and all potential electrical hazards. The cover material accountable for this safeguarding is polycarbonate.
- Razor Hovertrax 2.0 operates on a 36-volt battery that warranties a long battery life and a smart battery management system which prevents short-circuiting while overcharging. It is also equipped with 350-watt motor giving the powerful engine backup.
- The design facilitates smooth ride on rough surfaces as the tires have rubber encasing for smooth traction.
- For a single charge, it offers you just about 115 minutes of a non-stop fun and maximum speed of up to 6 mph. Maximum weight of the rider it can carry fluently is about 100 kg.
- It does contain a Li-ion battery, but it is an eco-friendly gadget with a complete UL 2272 certification.
Shortcomings- The only drawback here can be its lack of certification for being water-resistant. Overall, Razor Hovertrax 2.0 is a remarkable product with the aforementioned staggering features and advanced smart tech proposing mastering the drive with no difficulty. Have a happy gliding. Before coming to a decision, I recommend you to check out the full review.
At different prices, you can clearly see the difference in power and abilities. We would suggest you not to opt for very low priced hoverboards as low prices are attained by compromising safety. If you are on a strict budget, you can go for reasonably priced Swagtron T6 Terrain hoverboard which is a wholesome product for a great price. Or you can buy Razor Hovertrax 2.0 (a little more costly than Swagtron T6) which is loaded with amazing features which makes it a bargain at the current price. Lower hoverboard costs will fetch you dependable but basic boards but less excitement. So, clearly, if you are going to spend more money, you are going to get more value. If you want to go for chic style and you don’t mind paying more Swagtron T580 Hoverboard is worth the price and your life will never be the same again. And if you are safety cautious, then Halo Rover is just the thing for you. Let us know in the comments which one do you think is the best in terms of cost and features!